1. Visa (CoE) Application
To apply for a College Student visa, CoE must be required at your local Japanese Embassy. In order for us to apply for CoE on your behalf, upload the following documents in Step 3 at T-cens once we notify you.
*file password will be provided when Step 3 is open
- Fill out Form 1, 2, and 3
- Attach the ID photo also
- with no background, taken within the last 3 months (requirements)
- must be different from the photo used in your passport
- Signed AF1 pages
- download from Step 2, sign and upload all pages
- if the photo does not appear, leave it as it is
- Passport *upload in Step 2
- must be valid until the end of your exchange at UTokyo
- upload must clearly show the photo, passport number and full name
- if not available, have it ready by the time of visa application
- CoE Enquiries*
- provide the method of support to pay for expenses while in Japan
- Financial document(s)
- must be in English. If not, attach the translation (can be done by yourself)
- must have been issued no more than 6 months before your enrollment
- must have at least JPY150,000 per month of exchange (eg. JPY900,000 for 1 semester)
- If you will support yourself;
- upload your Bank Statement
- If you will be supported by your relative;
- upload his/her Bank Statement AND Affidavit of Financial Support
- Also, "公証書" is required for Chinese citizens excluding Taiwanese
- If you will be supported by a scholarship foundation,
- upload a Certificate of scholarship
2. Air Flight
Flight Tickets Reservations
Arrange your own flights.
Note that you are responsible for your transportation expenses from your home to the University of Tokyo.
You are advised to arrive in Tokyo during the period notified by the School of Engineering.
Please do not plan your trip until you actually have your Student Visa in your passport in your own country.
You cannot enter the dormitory before the Dormitory Entrance Period.
Therefore, there is the possibility that you will need to stay in temporary accommodation, for example a youth hostel, on the first night(s) at your own expense.
Each housing/dormitory management office will advise you of your move-in schedule after housing allocation notice, which may or may not correspond with your arrival date. You must always be mindful about whether cancellation charges apply when you make a reservation for a temporary accommodation.