- Q1. When do I proceed to STEP 2?
- Q2. Are the classes that are listed in the Class Catalogue the only classes, or can I find more classes from other sources?
- Q3. Do I have to stick to the courses that I selected on Form 7 in STEP 1? Or can I change them later?
- Q4. Can I take any courses from outside of School/Faculty of Engineering?
Q1. When do I proceed to STEP 2?
A1. After you complete the application process on STEP 1, inquire about the desired supervising professor, and receive approval from him/her, we will write to you and let you proceed to STEP 2. If you already have such approval, we will let you go to STEP 2 after we finish checking your application documents.
Q2. Are the classes that are listed in the Class Catalogue the only classes, or can I find more classes from other sources?
A2. Basically, those are the only classes that will be held in English. However, each department does add to or cancel some of those classes so you can check them after you get here.
Q3. Do I have to stick to the courses that I selected on Form 7 in STEP 1? Or can I change them later?
A3. No, you do not need to stick to the courses you selected on Form 7. You can change the courses during the class registration period after you arrive in Japan.
Q4. Can I take any courses from outside of School/Faculty of Engineering?
A4. No, you cannot take any courses outside of School/Faculty of Engineering except from Graduate School of Information Sience and Technology for Graduate level students.
Q1. When do I proceed to STEP 3?
A1. You will need to proceed to STEP 3 after you hear from us in late April for September entrance and early November for April entrance.
Q2. When do I apply for UT dormitories and CoE? Should I scan application forms from the websites you provided for us at STEP 2?
A2. The International Coordination Team (ICT) will assist you in completing these procedures via our online system, the T-cens system, during STEP 3.
- t-cens2.t[atmark]gs.mail.u-tokyo.ac.jp Send an email with your application number(EAPXXXX) in the subject line
eg. [Univ. of Tokyo_"Your Application ID No."]bank statement
- Office of International Cooperation and Exchange (OICE)
International Coordination Team (ICT)
School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo,
7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku,
Tokyo, 113-8656, Japan
*Send by registered mail (write your application number(EAPXXXX) on the envelope).